Our My Major 5 series highlights Houstonians who are actively generating our city’s character and lifestyle, and spotlights their own beloved routines and the points they do in their free of charge time. This summer months, we’ve partnered with Comcast to element 6 area folks-of-color-owned smaller companies that have benefited from the Comcast Increase method and riff on our ordinary series whilst we showcase the highlighted local enterprise homeowners.
This week, we’re pretty happy to aspect Eric De Leon, Ashley Gomez & Paul Barron—three of the homeowners of the area inventive company 132 Layout—and expose their Houston favorites.
Our Prime 5 Points to Do in Houston
by Eric De Leon, Ashley Gomez & Paul Barron
- El Taconazo – Even if you’re aren’t in the region, the fajita tacos and charro beans from El Taconazo foodstuff truck in Prolonged Issue are worth the generate. This location has been a extensive time preferred for our team. Here’s what you can assume: Whole flavored res, chopped up and stacked into 2 corn tortillas, with a handful of limones, cilantro, and onions to garnish. Go all in and incorporate the salsa verde. And if you are sensation further adventurous that day, incorporate some queso blanco and make it a quesadilla. Complete it off with a Coke. You will thank us later… But wait around, there is a lot more. The frijoles a la charra could be the authentic star of this show. Savory broth, flavorful beans with chunks of puerco, cilantro and tomato. Taconazo, just knows what they’re carrying out. Make guaranteed you have funds on hand, and really don’t enable the line scare you.
- Thursday Evening Bike Rides – If we’re fortunate, the stars align and we all manage to fulfill up for an evening journey with bike crews like Liquor & Wood. This is certainly a 132 beloved. New music, bikes, and wonderful firm. We’ll trip with each other and quit at some regional places along the route. It’s a fantastic way to practical experience Houston and destress right after a ridiculous function 7 days.
- Brewery Hopping – Platypus Brewery is our preferred microbrewery in Houston mainly because of its uncomplicated variety. This location is nestled in Sixth Ward off of Washington Avenue. It’s a perfect place to trip up to for a rapid consume. We extremely suggest the H-City Ultra Lager. Eureka Heights is a different favorite spot. The range at Eureka is terrific. These men are tremendous innovative with their blends. Buckle Bunny and Mini Manager are at the top rated of our record. If you are at any time in The Heights, you must halt by and try out Eureka!
- Rabbit’s Acquired The Gun – Who does not like a good cocktail? Houston, we obtained you. Hit up Rabbit’s Acquired The Gun in the Close to Northside. Roll up to the bar, just take a seat, and allow the bartender get ready a Paloma for you. Heads up, chamoy and tajin are a section of this gig. These men pay out fantastic consideration to element and know how to dress a cocktail. Just do not overlook to tag them when you post their picture deserving drinks.
- Xela Espresso Roasters – Not your mother’s cafectio, but just after you bring her below the initial time, she’ll be back again without you. Xela is a quaint specialty coffee bar in Second Ward, situated down the street from our workplace. The buyer service, the art, and the camaraderie are all on issue. Will make you surprise if Xela is in the espresso enterprise or the people today business due to the fact they just get it. Try a Valley Girl chilly brew. If we could nominate this consume for Houston’s most effective calendar year spherical espresso, we would!
About 132 Style and design
132 Layout is a creative company owned by 4 associates, supplying style and marketing and advertising remedies for progressive companies in Houston. 3 of the firm’s 4 companions are featured in this article. Ashley Gomez is a College of Houston alumni, mom of 3, and serves as the team’s content developer and venture manager. Eric de León, the team’s artistic designer, enjoys to rides bikes and smoke meats. Paul Barron, the team’s net developer loves doing the job out and taking part in online video video games with his sons. Raymond Ruiz, the fourth partner a father of 2 who enjoys climbing, manages strategic marketing and advertising for 132 Design’s clientele.
Find out Additional About Comcast Rise & Utilize
This special My Top rated 5 write-up is aspect of a restricted 6-part collection presented by Comcast. Comcast Increase was shaped in late 2020 to give folks of coloration little business enterprise entrepreneurs the equipment wanted to not just survive, but prosper.
Persons of color modest firms owners in Houston are encouraged to review the eligibility facts and utilize for the system. Review and apply now.
Houston Comcast Rise Awardees
All through the thirty day period of July and August 2021, Comcast will release movie and pictorial announcements celebrating a choose group of Comcast Rise recipients. These Houston firms obtained an Expenditure Fund grant, know-how, and, or marketing and advertising assets as a portion of the Comcast Rise method. Attributes will be displayed on Comcast social channels and spotlighted through 365 Houston‘s My Major 5 sequence.
This specific My Top 5 was sponsored by Comcast. Per our promotion and sponsorship policy, we only take sponsored written content from corporations that meet up with our editorial criteria and really present a worthwhile action, event, useful resource or location for people and readers throughout the bigger Houston spot. Marketing earnings can help assist 365 Matters to Do in Houston, and our contributors, permitting us to extend our protection of functions and gatherings around the Houston spot. Find out about selling your event, assistance or company.