CHESTERFIELD, Va. (WRIC) — A Chesterfield girl is just one of the hundreds of folks who have submitted a criticism from an on the web retailer, saying to have a Central Virginia mailing address. The web-site, Sneakfoot.com, claims to be an independent reseller of identify-model goods, promising discounted rates on anything from Air Jordan sneakers to Louis Vuitton wallets.
Still, buyers like community resident Minah Bang say the objects under no circumstances arrive and all you’re left with is an vacant wallet. “I feel it’s a full scam,” Bang claimed.
A google search for wallets led Bang to the web-site. The evaluations appeared very good and she noticed the neighborhood address outlined, so she figured it was protected.
Bang stated, “The return tackle was not China it’s in town. So, I believed ok, it must be legit.” She ordered a wallet on March 7 and it nevertheless has not arrived.
She’s attempted to make contact with Sneakfoot.com to talk to about her obtain.
“I have been emailing them, texting them, nothing at all transpires. No reply again at all,” Bang mentioned.
The Superior Organization Bureau has issued a warning about the web page. Barry N. Moore President and CEO of the BBB serving Central Virginia claims they have obtained more than 7,000 inquiries and far more than 450 consumer grievances.
He says, “The merchandise never ever arrived, a little something arrived was not what they requested, they cannot get returns on their calls.”
The corporation claims to have a return middle and mailing address in Glen Allen.
8Information went to the addressed mentioned and located absolutely nothing but a P.O. Box inside of a UPS retail store.
UPS instructed 8News, “We value the privateness of our customers and only provide consumer info to postal authorities and law enforcement with proper documentation.”
8Information termed Sneakfoot.com but all we acquired was a voicemail and the mailbox was full.
We texted the corporation also but bought no response. Whilst Sneakfoot utilizes a Brook Highway mailing deal with, the website is registered in Canada and the firm is supposedly headquartered in Northern Eire.
“I guess they are form of a international organization but in truth they’re a world scam,” claimed Moore. He reported that all around the map contact details must be a red flag.
Moore implies, “Do your research on the organization. The spot to go is BBB.org. Seem up the businesses.”
The BBB offers the other adhering to tips to customers so they can stay clear of receiving cheated:
- Be a savvy shopper. When buying on line, be certain to get your time and browse the fine print ahead of publishing your buy. Seem for the return coverage despite the fact that many on line orders can be returned for a complete refund, others have restocking fees. Some products cannot be returned know right before you purchase.
- Beware of far too-very good-to-be-correct deals. Offers on websites and in unsolicited e-mail may present absolutely free or really small charges on hard-to-discover things. There may possibly be hidden costs, or your buy may possibly indicator you up for a month to month demand. Look for and examine the wonderful print.
- Store with a credit score card. In situation of a fraudulent transaction, a credit card provides more protections it is easier to dispute charges that you didn’t approve or to get your money back again if there is a issue. Debit playing cards, prepaid playing cards or gift cards never have the same protections as a credit history card.
- Hold documentation of your purchase. Save a duplicate of the affirmation web site or e mail affirmation until finally you obtain the item and are content. Be absolutely sure to know and have an understanding of the return policy and preserve this documented with your order records.
- Look at the company’s profile on BBB.org. Look to see if they have a sample of complaints or damaging evaluations.