Superior Organization Bureau (BBB) advises individuals to use caution when doing small business with Midwest Roofing Commercial & Household, Inc., and Overland Roof Exchange Inc., of Ozark, Missouri. Consumers noted to BBB that the firms failed to start out initiatives, did not talk with clients, and provided weak shopper provider.
Midwest Roofing Business & Residential, Inc., and Overland Roof Exchange Inc., each and every have an “F” rating, the most affordable on BBB’s scale thanks to several latest unanswered and unresolved buyer grievances. The firms share a site at 4173 N. 20th Road in Ozark.
A Springfield, Missouri, person explained to BBB he paid out Overland Roof Exchange Inc., $6,000 in March 2021 to replace the roof and some gutters immediately after a storm weakened his home. The guy mentioned the organization failed to clearly show up for a number of get started dates.
“They’ve accomplished nothing in any respect for me,” he said. The person has asked for a refund, but has not listened to back from Overland Roof Trade Inc.
A Springfield, Missouri, girl instructed BBB she paid out Midwest Roofing Professional & Household, Inc., just over $2,300 in August 2020 to mend her roof. She claimed she employed an insurance policies look at to pay out the company. The lady claimed the organization came to her residence the moment to cease a leak, but she statements it did not finish the job for which she paid out.
The female said she acquired a variety of excuses from Midwest Roofing Commercial & Household, Inc., as to why it unsuccessful to complete her occupation. She reported the corporation promised her a refund, but she never ever gained it. She reported she had to employ the service of a different company to do the function.
A company owner from Branson, Missouri, advised BBB he compensated Overland Roof Exchange Inc. $10,000 in the spring of 2021 as a down payment to fix roofs on 4 properties at a company advanced that he owns. He claimed he has not read a lot from the enterprise since signing a deal. He said he has questioned for the contract to be cancelled and for a refund of his down payment. The very last time he read from the company was by means of a text message in which the enterprise reported it was sorry for the venture delays.
“Taking people’s revenue and not offering assistance is completely wrong,” said Stephanie Garland, regional director of the Springfield BBB. “If work wasn’t finished as promised in a agreement, their shoppers ought to have to have their money returned.”
According to Missouri secretary of state documents, just about every of the companies earlier was registered to do organization in Colorado in May perhaps 1996. Midwest Roofing Business & Household, Inc., registered with the condition of Missouri in March 2020. Michael Robotham is detailed as director for the company. Overland Roof Exchange registered with the state of Missouri in November 2020. Kimberly Suggs is mentioned as an officer for the company.
In a observe on their respective internet sites, the organizations say they “are not presently not using on any new household purchasers at this time and are diligently doing the job to capture up our latest residential customer foundation.
“Unfortunately, we could have missed conversation with some of our clientele. We would enormously respect the possibility to supply information and facts regarding our latest position you are welcome to connect with our principal quantity at any instances as we will preserve open up communication with each individual and each individual 1 of you.”
BBB presents these guidelines on employing a contractor:
- Exploration any company and its homeowners meticulously right before paying out any cash. Verify the company’s BBB Small business Profile at BBB.org or by contacting 888-996-3887.
- Check with for references and speak to them.
- Ahead of shelling out, make sure you have a signed deal outlining what get the job done is to be carried out, a timetable for completion, and an rationalization of what takes place if the business enterprise or consumer reneges on the arrangement.
- Check with the contractor for evidence that he or she is bonded and insured.
- Fork out by credit score card when possible in circumstance you need to have to problem the payment.
- Do not pay out every thing in progress. It is a great rule to shell out a part when you signal the contract and the remaining payment only following you are glad with the get the job done.
- When function is concluded and the contractor has been paid out, request lien waivers displaying subcontractors, and content suppliers have been paid out for the occupation.
Extra BBB tips on selecting a reliable contractor.
Obtain a roofing contractor in the vicinity of you in the BBB listing.